If I’d known back then what I know now about affiliate marketing, I’d be further along on My Millionaire Quest by now.
But hey… that’s okay! The learning curve is part of the experience that comes with becoming an online entrepreneur.
It’s what’s gonna allow you to appreciate your success much more.
Whether you’re just getting started or on the fence about starting an affiliate marketing business…
Never fear! Diana is here!
Today, I’m gonna show you how to get start with affiliate marketing for beginners. This means that by the end of this post, you will know how to start your very own business online and actually see results!
And the quest begins!
First Things First… Do You Know What A Website is?
I’m not trying to be funny or offensive, but there are many people that don’t understand how a website works, what a menu is; let alone how to create one.
If you really want to learn how to get started with affiliate marketing for beginners, go online and check out a few websites and blogs you’re into like Buzzfeed. Take a really good look at the layouts of these sites and what they look like.
I know it sounds tedious, but if you’ve never built a website before, this little exercise is going to help you get a feel for what you want your website to look like.
Next… Pick A Passion
Also known as a niche, your business should focus on one topic. Ideally something you’re passionate about, your niche is what your website should be about.
The more familiar you are with your niche, the more value you can add to the market. If you don’t know anything about your niche, you’re never gonna see the results you want.
First, because you’ll get bored easily, and two because if you don’t know what you’re talking about… people will call you out on your B.S. and find someone that is knowledgeable. Don’t pick a niche just because it’s highly profitable; pick it because you actually like it and you know you can bring something new to the table.
Build Your Brand
I’ve mentioned this before in previous posts, but that’s because it’s a crucial part of running a successful affiliate marketing business. Establishing yourself as an authority in your niche and building your brand is key.
You want customers to associate your name and your brand with your niche.
The best way to build your brand is to provide value. When you provide value, you build trust; and essentially a relationship with your potential customers. Providing value is done through content creation.
So now, your next step is to pick a platform for your content. This can be a podcast, a YouTube channel, or a blog. Some people just stick to Snapchat and Instagram.
I suggest starting a blog because it will be your home base and the content is yours; and a second platform. I use YouTube as a my second platform for creating content.
It’s totally up to you… but always remember to stick to your strengths. If you’re camera shy, a podcast might be a better idea.
Once you’ve selected a platform, it’s time to start creating content. The content you create should be relevant to your niche and help solve a problem or fulffil a need. Do your research. Google will become your best friend. Instagram and YouTube are great for finding content ideas.
Just remember to be honest and helpful.
Pick A Product And Sell, Sell, Sell!
One mistake I made when I first got started and I’ve seen other affiliate marketers make as well is that they try to sell any and every product they can in order to increase their chances of a sale.
It doesn’t. Find a product with a great commission that actually is beneficial to your niche and sell, sell, sell.
Lucky you, I created a video to help you get started with affiliate marketing!
Wanna know the real secret to how to get started with affiliate markeitng for beginners? It’s consistency. Don’t promote 30 different cameras on your photography blog just to guarantee a sale. If you use one camera that you like, just recommend that one camera whenever it comes up.
Keep in mind that the product must help your audience and have a good reputation. Recommending a product that has a high refund rate or low ratings can damage your reputation and brand.
If you’re just getting started with affiliate marketing, don’t worry if you’re feeling overwhelmed. The formula is very simple.
Content= Traffic= $$
The more content you create, the higher your chances of getting results.
Because I want you to fulfill your Millionaire Quest in less time than it’s taken me, I’m gonna share a few tips to save you some time.
1. Get Social- Social Media is a great way to share your content for free and get free traffic. Something as simple as someone sharing your YouTube video or blog post to their friends on Facebook can make a huge difference. A few weeks ago, I posted a restaurant review to my blog post and shared it on Facebook. Then my sister shared it with her friends, and its reach increased by 79 people. That means 79 more people that would’ve never landed on my food blog, read my post!
2. Learn SEO- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it’s the key to getting free traffic for life.
3. Create A Budget and Stick to it!- Even though starting an affiliate marketing business is inexpensive, you should still treat it like a business and create a budget. This budget should be seperate from your spending money and the money you use to pay your bills. If you can’t afford it, don’t spend it! And remember to avoid Shiny Object Syndrome!
4. Do the Work!- I’m going to be honest with you… while the possibilities are endless with affiliate marketing, it is going to require a lot of work when you first get started; so don’t think you can put in your two weeks tomorrow. Sorry buddy. But the work WILL pay off. Just do the work!
5. Don’t get distracted- This coincides with Shiny Object Syndrome. Stay focused on buidling and growing your business and you are more likely to succeed than if you’re constantly distracted by things like Netflix and Taco Tuesday.
Putting it All Together
If this is the first time you hear about it, I hope you got a better idea on how to get started with affiliate marketing for beginners. There is a learning curve, but if you commit yourself to doing the work and learning the business, you will reach time and financial freedom in no time.
Just remember to add value and you’ll be fine.
If you have any questions on how to get started with affiliate marketing for beginners, please feel free to hit me up. I’m here to help you on your Millionaire Quest after all.
See you at the top!